March 14, 2019
Simply put, malware (malicious + software) is any piece of software designed with the intent to damage, disrupt or gain unauthorised access to your device and inflict harm to data and/or people in multiple ways.
It is one of the biggest threats on the internet and comes in a bewildering variety of forms, each with its own method of delivery (attack vector). So, it’s crucial that users know how to recognise the different types of malware and how it finds its way into your network in order to help protect yourself, and your business systems, from being compromised.
- How to create strong passwords you can remember
- Is ransomware the biggest threat to your IT security?
- Top 20 CIS Critical Security Controls (Part 1): What are they?
- Slow antivirus? Solving the problem of the weekly AV scan
- Pros and cons of outsourcing your cyber security: In-house of Managed SOC?
- The 8 Most common types of cyber attacks explained
About Comtact Ltd.
Comtact Ltd. is a government-approved Cyber Security and IT Managed Service Provider, supporting clients 24/7 from our ISO27001-accredited UK Security Operations Centre (SOC).
Located at the heart of a high security, controlled-access Tier 3 data centre, Comtact’s state-of-the-art UK Cyber Defence Centre (SOC) targets, hunts & disrupts hacker behaviour, as part of a multi-layered security defence, to help secure some of the UK’s leading organisations.