March 21, 2018
Today, employees are demanding an ‘Always on, Always accessible’ user experience – and therefore rely heavily on their IT teams’ day-to-day operations.
Using the best network monitoring tools is an essential requirement for any modern business, to provide a first line of defence when applications go down, or when performance begins to deteriorate.
So, if you’re overwhelmed by alerts, the hours spent responding to user-reported issues – or you’re unsure whether you have true visibility of your critical business availability – here are 10 signs you could do with a little help with your network monitoring and management.
10 signs you might need help with your network monitoring
1. Users report that the network is running slow, but there are no issues with data, or bandwidth capacity.
2. You’re having on-going, or re-occurring IT issues, such as servers rebooting or applications running slowly.
3. You are looking to deploy a new LAN, or new servers and applications – such as VoIP – over your existing network, but are unsure as to whether there is capacity.
4. Your employees are increasingly demanding ‘out of hours’ coverage and support.
5. Your existing third-party suppliers for services – such as hosting and security – are failing to deliver.
6. You use internal web services, or apps – such as SharePoint and MS Dynamics.
7. You use external cloud-based web services and apps, such as Salesforce.com, AWS or Google Apps.
8. You currently use multiple tools to monitor your IT infrastructure.
9. You have ‘alert-fatigue’. Your existing IT monitoring platforms generate too many alerts.
10. Your IT resources are already stretched, with limited capacity for proactive monitoring.
Keeping an eye on the health of your IT infrastructure
Keeping an eye on the health of your IT infrastructure is one of the most challenging tasks for any IT network administrator. An IT teams’ worst nightmare is getting that call saying that their network is down – all too often indicating you need greater network performance visibility.
Once an outage happens, the clock is ticking – the longer it takes to resolve, the more it costs you in staff time, lost productivity and end-user satisfaction, making it imperative to maintain the overall health of your internal network – BEFORE you get a call that the network is down.
No one else knows SolarWinds like Comtact Ltd.
As the UK’s leading SolarWinds authority, Comtact Ltd. works with the UK’s leading organisations to help them get the most from their network monitoring tools – and unlock the visibility and build intelligence into your existing infrastructure monitoring investment.
As a leading monitoring technology, SolarWinds is hugely capable, but we commonly see it can quickly overwhelm organisations with the volume of alerts generated, if not configured and tuned to your organisations unique requirements.
View the status of your critical business services
Working in collaboration, we help you optimise and improve your network monitoring by defining the correct dependencies, rules, alerts, escalation processes and automations.
With our expert support, we give you the breathing space to get on the front foot and demonstrate the full value you bring to your IT team – you can focus on truly supporting your organisation’s IT needs, knowing that your IT monitoring is being expertly managed.
Want to read more about SolarWinds?
- SolarWinds – What are the most popular modules?
- Solving the biggest problem with SolarWinds
- Case study: Plymouth University adopts SolarWinds Managed Service to improve user experience
- 6 BIG reasons why you should outsource SolarWinds management
- [Case study] IT infrastructure monitoring service helps 45,000+ University students
- [eBook] The 5 key principles of effective network monitoring
- [Article] 10 signs you’re not using the best network monitoring tools
- [Article] 6 big reasons why you should outsource your SolarWinds management
- [Article] Benefits of an outsourced Network Operations Centre (NOC)
About Comtact Ltd.
Supporting clients 24x7x365 from our ISO27001-accredited Network Operations Centre (NOC) in Northampton, Comtact Ltd. is the UK’s leading authority on SolarWinds, with a large in-house team of SolarWinds-Certified Professionals supporting and managing the network operations of some of the UK’s leading organisations.